Posts Tagged Foursquare
So tell me what’s wrong with this picture. I got this email today:
If you’ve opened up foursquare in the last couple weeks you’ve probably noticed that we made a ton of changes. We re-imagined the entire app, Extreme Makeover style, to make it even easier for you and your friends to share and save your experiences and find new places to go. We also gave it plenty of design love and under-the-hood tweaks, so it’s not only prettier but faster than ever – hurrah!
Anyone who has me as a friend in foursquare or see’s my Facebook stream knows I use foursquare a lot. The question is, why doesn’t foursquare know this? How can I get an email making it seem like I need to be reminded that the screens have changed, the navigation is different, more map features added, and more? So why is a social media company incapable of using their own data to enhance my relationship? Why not make me feel special rather then a member of their junk mail list?
Lessons for Small Business
Even the big boys don’t get it right. So don’t ever think that you should not try because some major player in your space can always do it better and faster then you. Often, small business has more chances to beat the larger players at their own game because small business can be more nimble.
So my advice, don’t count out social media in your marketing plan!
- What Is the Point of… Foursquare? (readwriteweb.com)
- Foursquare Gets A New Look: Redesign Makes Checking In Stickier And More Social (techcrunch.com)
- Location-based social media service Foursquare gets a major revamp (buzzom.com)
- Choosing the Best Social Media (openforum.com)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
advertising, blog, business, campaign planning, consulting, customer experience, Email, facebook, Foursquare, Google, Internet Marketing, marketing, Marketing plan, segmentation, small business, social media, technology
Thought Streamsblog brainstorming brand business campaign planning client collaboration Company competition consulting corporate corporate events customer experience Customer Service customer service examples direct mail e-commerce Email excellent customer service facebook failure Flanking Marketing Flickr Godin Google Google Plus Guerrilla Marketing ideas Internet Marketing iPad iPhone Jack Trout Jott leadership linkedin management marketing Marketing and Advertising Marketing Warfare measure meetings On-Line Ads planning postaday postaweek postaweek2011 PPC process process improvement product focus productivity projects results Search Engines Searching segmentation SEM Seth Godin small business soccer social media SPAM sports stats Strategy Tactic technology tool Tools twitter United States vision Web 2.0 Web 3.0 wordpress
- (no title)
- Mind Mapping: Online Collaboration Tool
- HootSuite Extends Google+ Pages to All Users
- HootSuite Adds More Awesome to Hootlet with AutoSchedule – HootSuite Social Media Management
- foursquare Social Media Ignorance
- 5 Ways You Should Be Using Your Smartphone to Create Fresh Content
- Reclaim Your Time with the 1% : 99% Rule (Part 1 of 3)
- (no title)
- Competition and the Consumer’s Mind
- Google+ Local: Taking over Places?
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.