This post is an attempt to create dialog around the marketing aspects of political life in the US. It is also my attempt to better understand the situation because several facts don’t seem to make sense about this failed bailout bill. I want to see how people would work their way out of this problem.
These are the facts that are not in allignment with all that I am seeing on TV and reading on news sites or editorials about this failed bailout bill.
- The Democrats hold a majority in the House and Senate and thus control which bills will be worked on and when
- The President is currently on the same side as the Democrats on this issue. The likelihood of a veto is very slim. The bill would have to be very one-sided for that to happen.
- The Republicans, being in the minority, could not stop this bill without looking very bad so are left with procedural tactics at best.
- The news organs and politicians in both parties are constantly crying that the public wants this bill and wants it turned into a law now.
So the enigmas running around in my mind are this:
- Why couldn’t the Democrats simply ram this failed bailout bill through last week?
- Why didn’t the failed bailout bill pass with all the reporting hype that has transpired in the last 2 weeks?
So now to the failed bailout bill discussion:
- You can pick any interested party in this situation you desire
- You must provide an actionable item in your comment. This could be part of a plan or campaign but it must be focused on reaching an objective.
- Name calling only or a post that lacks any action items or suggests doing some illegal or unethical will be removed in the moderation process. Sorry this is not meant to be a venting ground, we want to focus on marketing plans.
Based on the sample size this discussion brings, I will try and have a follow-up post on this topic.